Hughes 269C – 1978
- TTSN: 4475 hrs
- Good Component Times
- Velour Interior
- Dual Controls
- Second Fuel Tank
- Audio Panel: Bendix King KMA-24
- Nav/Comm: Bendix King KX-155
- Transponder: Bendix King KT76A
- 2 Headsets
In 1955, Hughes Tool Company’s Aircraft Division… carried out a market survey thus showing, that there was a demand for a low-cost, lightweight, two-seat helicopter. The division began building the Model 269 in September 1955. The prototype flew on 2 October 1956. On 9 April 1959, the 269 received certification from the FAA. Hughes continued to concentrate on civil production… but it was not until 1960 that they made the decision to develop the helicopter for production. In 1964 the army adopted the 269A as its training helicopter to replace the TH-23. The Hughes 269B, is an evolution of the 269A and 269A-1 models.
Hughes designed the 269 with a fully articulated, three-blade main rotor. Also featured is a two-blade tail rotor… remaining as a distinctive characteristic of all its variants. It also has shock absorber-damped, skid-type landing gear. The flight controls are directly linked to the swashplate of the helicopter. Thus there are no hydraulic systems in the 269. There are generally two sets of controls, although this was optional on the civil 269A. For three-seat aircraft… the middle collective control stick is removable. Therefore, a seat cushion is optional in its place, for a third passenger. The instrument panel was redesigned and located further forward. The controls were relocated to create space for a second passenger who seats centrally… and whose position is slightly advanced to that of the pilot and the right hand passenger.
Hughes 269C – 1978
The Hughes 260C has captured a large portion of the civilian helicopter market. The aircraft has proved itself popular not only in agriculture… but also in police work and other duties.